Thursday 14 April 2011

Glencoe

Vfr in front of Etive Mor


I took a run up to the Great Glen today, was going to be the last chance I get to go out whilst on my holidays so thought I would combine an assignment an a run out. The day started off as I had expected very grey but hey at least its fine, that lasted up until Stirling but to be honest I only had a few light showers once I was off the motorway.

The traffic was fairly light so I was able to make good progress and saw plenty of fellow bikers out an about, with a sprinkling of roadworks here and there but no major delays, wind temp was a bit cool on the way up but the sun broke out for the return journey.
I stopped at the welly for a coffee before realising I had forgotten to take any cash out! but luckily I had a bottle of pop with me an a sandwich so I didn't fade away whilst on my travels. Someone over filled their petrol tank and spilled it all over the floor; I almost parked in it but someone kindly stopped me, I thought it was water being right in front of the air and water pump!

On the way back I detoured to the fall's of Dochart where a lass walked straight out in to my path without looking, good job I was just trickling along or she would have been flattened, I could here her mother bending her ear after I passed. I parked up and finished my juice while having a look at the falls an then set a course for home.
It was a good run an I was a bit stiff when I got back but its the first time I have done any real miles since last year so only to be expected. Overall a great trip, shame Alan was working as all that was missing was a bit of banter but hopefully we will make up for that with a trip to Oban at the end of the month...........

No comments:

Post a Comment