Friday 12 October 2012

Barn Find ? Not Strictly

I can't claim that this is a barn find as it wasn't strictly lost! but I came across it in one of our storage places and the best type of deal was done, a bit of my time for a free project bike.
It's a 1989 ZXR750 H1, been laid up for several years, no keys, most of the plastics are fucked and there are a few bits missing from the brakes (more of this later) but apart from that its all there so the plan is to take the plugs out, put some oil down the bores and put a battery on it an see if it will turn over; from that I shall decide what to do with it.

Now in my hurry to get it off the van and into my garage this morning in the pouring rain I forgot that it has no brakes!!!! and we came flying down the ramp and landed in a heap at the bottom of it, now she has a bent clip-on and clutch lever but thankfully no other damage to the bike, but my ribs took a pounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment