Thursday 25 June 2015

Arisaig

A spot of camping seemed just the ticket to lift my spirits and take a break from the daily grind was something I had been looking forward to for a while, so Arisaig on the west coast of Scotland came highly recommended for a peaceful few days.
I  set of on the Monday and although cool it was dry for a change so thinking maybe this is the start of a period of settled weather I loaded the bike with an air of optimism for the next few days. Arriving at the campsite which was right against the beach the scene was set and the tent was soon up and the coffee on and you guessed it down came the rain!!! This was to be the them for the rest of my time there with winds reaching a peak on the Tuesday night leaving me wondering if me and the tent might end up being blown into the next field!

It wasn't all doom and gloom though and I am fecking fed up with the weather trying its best to spoil the fun so on Tuesday I headed for Ardnamurchan lighthouse which is the most westerly point on mainland Scotland, what a thrill miles and miles of single track quiet roads. It's finding these hidden gems which really make my time in the saddle special, the twists an turns complete with elevation changes and stunning scenery thrown into the mix go along way to remind me how lucky we are to live in such a stunning country even if it seems to be wet and cold for the majority of the time.

I broke camp on the Wednesday morning as planned althoughI had to wait for a break in the wind to get the tent down and packed up; i almost managed to keep dry but this year a heavy shower never seems to be too far away so got a good soaking before riding of home.

Not many photos from this wee adventure as my camera broke on the Tuesday which is typical of the luck i seem to be having at the moment!!

 Portnadoran campsite
 Can't beat a good chili

 View across to Eigg




 

No comments:

Post a Comment