Tuesday 25 August 2015

New Bike

Well it's been a long time coming,  I think it was 1993 the last time I bought a brand new motorcycle, but that was rectified on 23/08/2015 with the purchase of a blue R1200Gs TE !! To say I was feeling a bit excited on the day in question may be an understatement, think expectant Father waiting on the Birth of his first born and you may be getting close to how I was feeling, but don't tell the wife!!!

 The Red Baron has passed over to brother Alan and he is acquainting his self with being a GS owner and although I say it myself he has got a bloody good one, we had some great trips together, so good luck Alan welcome to the club!!!

One observation that became painfully obvious rather quickly is that the standard seat is completely crap! far worse that the standard on the old model and light years away from the comfort provided by the Sargent seat on my old bike, (Sargent would have sold another seat for the LC if they could have been bothered to answer the fucking phone! )  So i have ordered a Touratech one, no way would I be able to ride to Switzerland and back on the standard plank my lower back would have screamed for mercy after the first 100 miles.

Anyway here is a pic of the new bike, i did some other random shit since Dirt Quake but my brain is fogged by the effects of trying to work out which is better Jack D and coke or Southern Comfort on the rocks, this is a long term test so don't expect any quick results.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment