Friday 22 January 2010

Streetfighter comfort kit Pt 3


Right its been a few weeks since I did anything to this project, mainly down to crappy weather we have been having just lately and I have just had other things I had to get finished first before my shed privleges would be granted.

I started off by removing the old brake hoses so That I could mount the master cylinder to the handlebars and then I fitted the new hoses, well one of them! The new hoses are in my opinion far too long, so what I have done is fitted the shorter of the two the l/h caliper and used the one that linked the two calipers that was already on the bike instead of having two separate lines to the master cylinder, luckily the original hose that was fitted is a braided one so it doesn't look a pile of mince. Bleeding the brakes what a task an a half that proved to be but half a day at it and I have a lovely solid brake lever so I am happy.


The next item on the agenda was too remove the clocks and see if I can re-route the switch gear wiring to the l/h side so that I didn't have to extend the wires RESULT no need to be farting with that so to say I am pleased is slightly understating the point.

The next an only major job left is too cut the fairing an screen so I can get full lock, I have marked it up but I am going too cut it tomorrow as I thought I don't want to rush the job as I might change my mind on how I want it to look so I will sleep on it.Then all I have left too do is mount the choke lever, change the handle bar grip on the throttle and check everything is tight .

No comments:

Post a Comment