Thursday 31 December 2009

Streetfighter comfort kit Pt 2

Got a little more done on the Handlebar kit, bit of a one step forward and two steps back affair though!

Although the fitting of the kit is going fine when I removed the fuel tank yesterday it was damp underneath and to my dismay it has had a shoddy fibreglass repair!!!! so I need to find another tank, hopefully a nice solid one.

Anyway first thing I have done is bolt the ignition to the yolk with the spacer's I cut to length so that the steering lock would be usable. Then I disconnected the old clutch cable from the lever and fitted the lever and the switch gear to the handlebars, I may have to lengthen the switchgear wiring as I am not wholly convinced it is long enough, It might well be but I need to take the clocks out an see how much cable is behind them and if it can be re-routed.




The next job I tackled was threading the new clutch cable through the frame, top tip here, tape the end of your new cable to your old one and use the old cable to pull the new one through, it saves a lot of time and hassle believe me.



So that's it for now I was losing the light and the tank thing was annoying me so I just called it a day, my next task is to get some brake fluid then I will remove and fit the new longer brake hoses and bleed them and the right hand switchgear.

No comments:

Post a Comment