Friday 22 June 2012

Silverstone MotoGp

Well Silverstone take two. After last years craptacular British GP surely this year must be better!
The weekend didn't get off to a great start to be honest, thunder an lightning, flash floods and persistent rain all the way down to my mothers gaff in Lincolnshire where I was stopping for the weekend on the Friday, Saturday was at least dry but the wind was some fierce so it was with some trepidation I set the alarm for four O'clock Sunday morning to be pleasantly surprised by sunshine and a large drop in the wind, still last year it had been nice until about 7.30 am when it pissed down so no counting chickens an all that.......
We took a wrong turn off at the circuit and ended up in a better car park than last year and straight up to the entrance gate with no queue to get in, this is bloody perfect I thought, within ten minutes we were in the circuit heading towards Luffield   where we was going to be in the grandstand (lesson learnt from last year!) choice of seats perfect, sit down with a cuppa and wait.
The racing was awesome, I'm not writing a full report but by god it was good to see Scott Redding sticking it to Marc Marquez on the last lap for 2nd place in the moto 2 and Cal Crutchlow was riding like a man possessed to grab 6th with a broken left foot by God I bet he had something stronger than Aspirin when he got back to his pit. When the Moto 3 bike come past in a group the Dambusters theme tune pops in my head, if you closed your eyes you would swear they where aeroplanes taking off!!
In short everything went well this time I got good weather and I finally got to see Rossi race albeit for 9th spot but I have done it now and its crossed off my bucket list. I only wish I had taken a better camera.
 Is this telly a bit big for my living room?
 Marshalls Practising
 Look nice weather

Scott Reading leading on the first lap

No comments:

Post a Comment