Saturday 7 March 2009

Bits an bob's

Not done much last couple of day's in the garage, been collecting part's like a demented magpie an waiting for them to be delivered or picking them up in person.
I got a couple of back light assembly's including a real nice one for the CB 750, a Lucas copy with built in number plate bracket which I payed top whack for but it really is a quality part not like the cheap shit which seems to be everywhere these days!
Also got one for the Z plus a clutch cable an a genuine workshop manual so I can work out what the crack is with the cam chain tensioner's as the haynes one doesn't show the arrangement for the later models, and as I thought the front blade was fitted wrongly when the head was refitted so that was money well spent.
I went to the local dealer yesterday to get oil an filter for El Tigre and the parts dude (let's name him Dick) produced the wrong filter, told him it was the wrong un but know Mr Dick had the book an this was the right filter and under no circumstances was he supplying me with the wrong one!
Now I haven't looked all that closely for a while but Do have a reputation for having a poor memory so I conceded defeat under the provision that if its wrong I can bring it back but no Dick is adamant that his book is spot on so off I go clutching oil an filter back to the garage and guess what? yep you've got it, its the wrong bloody filter! So I phoned Dick an explained to him that it was the wrong filter and your never going to guess what his reply was, still not got it? Well according to Dick there is now two types of filter but he hadn't got the other one in stock so the one he sold me must be the right one!, not if it's a paper element Dick an not a cartridge one like I said it was.
So Dick I award you with the cock of the week award for being a complete cock!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment