Friday 27 March 2009

Aurevoir El Tigre, Bonjour Kawasaki.

I had my first ride of the year on Wednesday, taking El Tigre for her mot and then handing her over to her new owner and collecting my Kwacker.
I have to say that she rode brilliantly over to Killie and then over to Sorn, the handling had been transformed by the new rubber and the engine and drive train where a lot smoother due to the service and new c+s kit that I had fitted over the winter.
She passed the mot with no advises, so it was with a bit of a heavy heart that i parted company with the old girl but a new adventure beckoned and after riding back the ZRX I was well pleased with my decision to change, for a start I can get my leg over a lot easier now lol....
The only thing that marred my return journey was the wind!, it was neither a true head or side blow but was strong enough to distort my helmet for a good part of the journey which meant my glasses where squint which I found bloody uncomfortable.
Still first impressions of the ZRX are it's very smooth, build quality is a lot better than the ZR7-S that I had before El Tigre, it's very stable and holds a good line even in extremely windy conditions and it's very bloody quick!!!!
It's also nice to buy a bike that has just had two brand new tyres fitted, which makes a nice change and it also gives me true indication of how it handles as well as giving my pocket a hard earned rest.
Ive spent a few hours today cleaning it mainly the wheels and the swing arm and hopefully tomorrow I will finish the job and she will be ready for action, although I am not planning to leave her standard for to long, ideas are in motion and the creative gears are grinding, all I can say for now is watch this space...........

No comments:

Post a Comment