Saturday 12 March 2011

Remus Can

When I got the bike it came with a Remus can, that had been fitted previously but the down pipes had been changed for stainless steel ones and both pipes were almost identical in size, so the Remus wouldn't fit back on. Someone had cut two slots in it with a hack saw and tried to force it on but with no luck, so I thought I would see what I could do; the solution I came up with was too heat the end up slightly and I have a large socket which is the same diameter as the down pipe which I tapped into the end can slightly and wiggled it backwards and forwards with a breaker bar to expand the diameter of the pipe, working slowly I managed to be able to get achieve this and now the end can fits the down pipes.

However the original clamp was fouling the centre stand plus with the two slots cut on the opposite side I decided to cut the old clamp off and get a nice shiny stainless steel fixing that i can adjust where i want the bolt head.
Old mounting

Old mounting removed and new slip on fixing


Job done


Just needs a polish now


The only other thing I needed to do was to make a short bracket to mount the rubber on it that stops the stand slapping the exhaust as it was in the wrong place on the link pipe, I don't know if this is because the stainless down pipes exit in a slightly different place or angle than the original as it would never had lined up in a month of Sundays.


No comments:

Post a Comment