Thursday 16 June 2011

Oil change

I thought after the road trip it was time to change the oil an filter, I was planning to do it before but then the fear of what if ? set in, last thing I needed was a cross threaded sump plug a week before I left.

It would be an easy enough job but why did Honda insist on using those stupid rubber well nuts in a place where there going to catch all the shit an salt from the road, it takes less than five minutes to remove a fairing side if you can get the nuts undone, but you have to remove the centre section, so in he end I took both sides and the centre piece out as one piece and then separated them an put some decent fixings on whilst it was in bits.

So a new filter and 3.1 litre's of fresh oil and we are ready for a few more adventures together.

Lovely stainless downpipes


There's the oil filter, not visible with the fairing lowers in place


No comments:

Post a Comment