Sunday 13 May 2012

Bandit Rules, Fazer Falls

Well the first run out on the Bandit didn't go quite to plan, not the Bandits fault though. Yesterday was going to be a run over to Cupar to collect Allan's Fazer and then off to the welly via Perth for a well deserved bacon butty, but unfortunately the fazer was set to limp (he he) and they failed after eight days to have it ready in time so Allan through his toys out the pram and didn't want to come out for a run so I ended up taking a ride over to his place to pick up a few of the Bandit bits an bobs.
The run up the M8 was friggin head wind as usual and my helmet was strangling me so it was an uncomfortable start but the sun was out and it was dry so I arrived at Allan's to find him in his pj's face down blubbing on the living room carpet as his new toy wasn't ready after a cup of tea he had decided to go for a run out afterall, so we headed off to Castle Douglas which was interesting! the first stage of the run consisted of roads that even Fife council would be ashamed off with patch on top of patch and enough pot holes to give a surface of the moon appearance so progress was measured until we cleared the worse of it and found a nice wee cafe in a one horse town that had served the Hairy Bikers back in 2009, were we had the ubiquitous bacon butty. After refreshments it was on to Castle Douglas pass Loch Kenmore and then picking up the A75 to Dumfries. Castle Douglas is a fairly nice looking town with a very busy High Street but as usual we struggled to find petrol with only one small garage we pushed onto Dumfries which couldn't come soon enough for me as I was getting low on Juice so the first garage we saw we pulled in filled up and had a feast whilst watching some old duffer in a Lotus Elan keep backing up and driving forward on the forecourt whilst he waited for his mates to fill up. We also spotted about four Fazers but me being the top mate that I am didn't make light of the fact or take the piss that Al didn't have his ( Much anyway ). After Dumfries it was along the A701 to Abingdon services where we stopped for a blether and split up, I came back through Biggar on the A702 which was a beautiful run with the wind behind me briefly teaming up with an XJR 1300 and a CB1300 for part of the journey before arriving home in the nick of time for tea. Overall it was a nice run, would have been better if it had been a tad warmer but like I said it was dry and you can't have everything. No pics today as nothing really caught my eye apart from the fazer thou that followed me along the last part of my journey, I thought it was Allan for a moment but then I remembered his is still in Cupar awaiting some PP9's ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment