Saturday 27 June 2009

Grand day out

Well Thursday was put aside for a trip out with Al, and after the weather forced us to cancel our ride out the previous week I just hoped it behave it self this week, so I was pleasantly surprised to find glorious sunshine on the Thursday morning an after a quick breakie I was bound for Kilmarnock to meet up with Allan for a trip out to the lead hills, this is where the day started to go a bit pear shape.
After crossing the Forth road bridge stand still was at a standstill, tosspot here forgot it was the Royal highland show so I had to slowly filter all the way to the M8 still with that behind me good progress was made to Al's awaiting kettle for a much needed brew.

Now a few years ago I had an op on me lower back that left me with a scar on me coccyx which tends to start smarting after about an hour on the bike, so I wear cycling shorts under my kit to give me a bit of relief which usually makes the day bearable with plenty of stops but for some reason on Thursday my arse felt like a Tory mp's after a good Saturday night out, My God was it sore, so we decided that a long journey in the saddle would not be the best idea and we would visit a few bike shops instead.

Starting off with a ride over to JTS in Hamilton with a look over the bike kit to see if there was any bargains to be had, had a good ride over, I think its called Eaglesham moor, past the massive wind farm up there, good place for a wind farm coz by fuck it was windy lol!, JTS was a nice enough shop and I haven't seen such a good variety of clothing in anyone shop for many a year but nothing tempted me to get my wallet out although Allan found a nice jacket, it wasn't that nice that he was going to part with any wedge for it!, so then I sat astride the spanking machine, sorry ZRX and we rode over to Renfrew to MCS Triumph, now there are some fucking idiots in cars but fuck me brake testing someone on a motorbike at 70mph on the motorway is deplorable if Allan hadn't had his wits about him he would have gone right through the back of the twat!
Still on arriving unscathed in Renfrew fat boy here could smell the calling of the local chippy and its wicked aroma soon had us kicking the door down after some of its fine culinary pleasures and by fuck the steak an kidney pie an chips was devoured at an unearthly rate of knots, ( an if the wife reads this I only had it Coz Allan felt guilty eating alone).

After dinner we had a mooch round Mcs, please Santa bring me a thruxton 900, ooh they are a lovely bike, how much do kidneys fetch on the black market again? Ive got a couple of kids here I'm sure they could spare one,I Wonder if it's worth running that passed the missus?, probably best not eh!

So after a drool over the Triumphs an Kwacker's last stop of the day was West coast Harley's, I love that place, the bikes are groovy, some of the dudes that ride them are a bit prissy but after having owned two Harley's I am very fond of them ( when they are on the road not broke down costing me a fortune!) but it don't cost anything to look and I even came away with a new tea mug courtesy of brother Allan who decided that we needed a couple of proper mugs to drinktea from, ( I think he said something about sending his missus of to night school to learn how to make it, but don't quote me on that).

After West coast we split up an i returned home to sit on a packet of frozen peas while the fire went out on my arse and reflect on what had been a good day out even though a sore one, but I think I have a more permanent solution to my pain in the rear and have ordered a Airhawk seat www.airhawk.co.uk not cheap I know but I can't keep riding around in agony like I had to endure today so watch this space I will let you know how it performs.

2 comments:

  1. How do you like the airhawk? thinking of getting on for my thruxton. Which airhawk did you get? Does it raie you too high off the seat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry for not replying sooner, I wasn't notified off your comment.
    I have the premium neoprene one, it does raise you of the seat a bit but you don't have very much air in it so its negible, the odd thing can be cornering, it feels a bit strange moving about under you when you shift your body weight about until you get used to it.

    ReplyDelete