Sunday 20 December 2009

Exhaust,Carbs,Airbox


Modded the fuse box plug this afternoon, if I find a fuse box with the correct plug I will buy it, otherwise I am happy with the job and by modding the fuse box I haven't had to make any cuts or joins in the new loom.
I also fitted the exhaust system, I will confess to not being over enthusiastic about Motad systems and would sooner be fitting a Harris but beggar's can't be chooser's and as this system is nearly brand new it will have to do for the time being. Along with the exhaust I put the air-box in and fitted the carb's
I remember why we used to drop carb rubber's in a bucket of hot water for ten minutes before we fitted them now, they had certainly gone hard but it's not practical for me to transport water to the garage and if it was it would be cold before I got it there, so I persevered and there on but my bloody fingers are sore!
I have also made the decision to dry build it and see what it runs like, that's why I haven't painted the engine casings or spent much time cleaning the carb body's, if it's a good lump then I will run it about for a bit and then tear it down for a repaint, but if it's a pile of shite I shall rip it out and fit a Zephyr 750 motor or GPZ 750 motor, I hope it will be a good un but you just can't tell until you've heard it running, that's the main pitfall of buying blind but I knew that risk from the outset, I am not bothered with originality I just want a decent enough bike to ride in all weather's.
Chin-chin

No comments:

Post a Comment