Tuesday 29 December 2009

Streetfighter comfort kit

Just before Christmas I decided to buy a handlebar conversion kit for the Fireblade, after much deliberation I chose the one from 998cc.com, as much on price and after speaking over the phone I liked the cut of his jib and the deal was done.


So here is a few pictures of it going on the blade:



First job was to remove the mirrors and the fairing stay.

Then I removed the bolts securing the handlebars to the top yoke and separated the switch gear from the handlebars. The next job was too separate the the ignition switch from the top yoke, By god the bolts were tight, and I was pleased to get them out without damaging them.

Right off with the old yolk and on with the new! the new yolk was a bit of a tight fit over the steering stem but with a couple of short sharp shocks with a copper 'n' hide it was seated nicely





Now that the new yoke is on I have fitted the Renthal bar's that came with the kit.




That's all for now, next I will cut the spacer's to align the ignition barrel with the lock stops and remove the petrol tank so that I can fit the extended clutch cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment