Friday 20 February 2009

Well I have been back in that garage over the last couple of days and have achieved a fair bit on the Tiger front, new plugs fitted, new air filter and repaired a couple of broken hoses to the air box.
Everything has gone very smoothly,I think i might buy a lottery ticket!, today was always going to be crunch time though, i knew the front sprocket nut was going to tight, we have been eyeing each other up for the last week and a i have been giving her liberal doses of WD-40, bot today was the day i was going to have face this potential Banana skin, I had visions of either the nut rounding off or sheering the end off the shaft!!!!
Anyhow I selected 2nd gear put my foot on the back brake and put on my breaker bar and pulled for all my worth and it didn't budge a millimeter, so a bit more weasel pee sprayed on it a few loosener's with the copper an hide and a bigger breaker bar and I pulled like my life depended on it and i am the best part of fifteen stone when it suddenly went lose! but not with a crack like it had just come undone but very slowly like the shaft had just sheared, I slowly removed the socket to inspect the damage I had done and to my great surprise and I hasten to add relief the nut had come loose, so after a quick clean up the new front sprocket an chain was fitted.
All that left me with was to free of a sticking piston in the rear brake and fit new pads which went without drama so all this leaves me now is to change the oil an filter and get another battery and Tigger will be ready for another year off adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment